Renumbering allows you to create rules for any Fabrication (ITM) or Family (RFA) based element in the project. These rules define what gets numbered, how it gets numbered and whether a tag is automatically populated.
It is important to first make sure that your Renumber Settings are setup as you need them.
Using the Renumber feature:
When using this feature, you have several options for how to apply the numbers to your selection.
- Renumber Elements: Default grouping of elements based on user defined rules
- Renumber Elements by Spool: Run the rule set against each spool in the selection, resetting the starting value with each spool
- Renumber Elements by Service: Run the rule set against each spool in the selection, resetting the starting value with each Service Name
- Select Run to Specify Order: This option will take your selection to a temporary view and require you to pick the start and end point of the run to define the order direction.
- Select Objects to Specify Order: This option will take your selection to a temporary view and require you to pick each individual element to define the order.
If you have run this feature, but do not see any number tags in your model then check your Renumber Settings and make sure that the tag element option is selected for the rule you are using. Otherwise, you can use the number tag to place these tags after the elements have been numbered.