To help you get started on the right foot, here is a list of some of the best practices in eVolve.
- Decide on a central location for all users to use for their shared parameter file and settings. This is both a simple and critical step. It will allow for not only a smoother rollout process but also will avoid causing conflicting info in your model.
- Use this location for your shared parameter file location and the network default location for all users
- DO NOT save or modify files inside eVolve Folders (ie Resources). Everything inside is overwritten on updates so make sure to copy these files to another location before making changes.
- Make sure to stay current on Family and Template changes from eVolve. Since we often update our content (especially during major releases) its important to stay up to date with these changes to ensure commands work as expected.
- Do not include eVolve families apart of your project tempalate. Since you can easily add these to the project using family browser there is no need to also include these in your template. This also makes updating eVolve easier as you will not need to update any families apart of your template as well.
Aim to keep model sizes below 500mb.
Periodically purge unused families, parameters, and content from the model. Be sure to see how eVolve's Family Browser can help prevent this.
Utilize worksets to keep large models manageable. Check out eVolve's Workset Manager to see how this can be seamless.