The Integration Profiles feature allows you to create and manage custom profiles to use with the CSV Data Exchange feature.
Through this feature, you have the following abilities:
Create an Export or Import Profile
- Column Name List - When using predefined solutions (such as PypeServer), you will see options here to further define which fields are available to export. This powers the available mappings for the Column Name list.
- Expansion Options - If selecting objects like groups or assemblies, choose which items should be exported
- No Expansion - Export the group itself
- Expand and Keep Container - Export the group and all of its parts
- Expand and Exclude Container - Export the parts within only.
Define the File Data, Order, and Mappings
- Order - First column, second column, etc.
- Column Name - this will be the column header in the export or import
- Description - this is for you to help note the purpose of the column, but this field is not used in the CSV file itself.
- Parameter - This is the parameter name that contains the data you are exporting or importing
- Use Display Value - provide the display value users see in Revit (e.g. 2' 6") or provide the raw/underlying value stored in Revit (e.g. 2.5)
- Parameter Scope: Allows for fine control over the respective Parameter. A checked selection indicates parameters of the respective scope are eligible. At least one option must be selected. The default is all values selected.
Using this Feature (CSV Example)
When creating an integration, you will also need to define an element filter that provides the feature with criteria on which elements to search for. For example, you must define the Revit categories that the elements are on. However, you do not have to define parameter rules. If you do then you are stating that the elements within those selected categories must also meet the parameter rule you have created.
With your Integration Profile highlighted, you can start to create your desired field mappings.
Saving Your Profiles
This Export/Import option will export all of the integration profiles as well as their mapping definitions.
Export and Import Integration: These buttons will export the highlighted integration profile, including the CSV definition.