Creating a Location
eVolve Create Location
To take advantage of the eVolve Location Breakdown feature, locations need to be created first. Creating a location is as simple as loading an adjustable cube family into the project, adjusting the dimensions to the area for the location, and adding preferred naming categories.
To Create a Location
- From the eVolve Mechanical ribbon, click the Create Location button found in the Location Breakdowns panel. The location cube family is loaded into the project.
- Place the cube in a preferred area and adjust the family to fit. Adjustments can be made using the Align (AL) command to stretch the cube (see below), or by using the cube's dimension grip arrows.
- From Revit's Properties Palate, in the Constraints/Location Breakdown section, enter a location name in the eV_LBS_Name field.
- There are several other fields in this section that may be populated for future filtering or other uses if needed.
- Under Dimensions parameters, values may be adjusted. Inspect the Height and Level parameters.
- Click Apply.