The Mechanical Properties Browser is an interactive dock-able palette that displays extended data related to a selected element. When multiple elements are selected, Mechanical Properties displays data common to all selected elements.
Carry Over Values
When adding fittings to a model, if the Carry Over checkbox is enabled then the value(s) of the previously placed element is applied to the next connected element.
General Part Information
- Fitting Type
- Pattern Number
- Service Abbreviation
- Service Type
- Service Name
- Connector 1
- Connector 2
- Any Other Available Part Connectors
- All Available Part Dimensions
- Ex) Diameter, Left Extension, Etc
- All Other Available Custom Data
- Ex) CFM, Location, Etc
- Any Chosen Parameters
- Ex) Parameter A
- Buy-Out Yes/No - eVolve sets this initial value based on the Fabrication part, this is the only editable parameter that eVolve does NOT write back into the part.
- Status - Lists the available statuses from the current Fabrication Configuration
- Connectors - Lists the available connectors from the current Fabrication Configuration
Note: When changing connectors, the drawing area is updated, but the Mechanical Properties Dimension values may not update until the element is deselected and reselected.
- Dimensions - Allows for available dimensions to be modified
- Custom Data - The parameters available here will match the list of parameters from the currently loaded Fabrication Configuration
- User-Defined - List any additional parameters users want to display in the Mechanical Properties panel. These are not written back to the Fabrication Part.
NOTE: Some parameters can be edited, the Mechanical Properties panel makes these values available in both Revit Parameters and Fabrication Parameters. Editable parameters are visually bolder while non-editable parameters appear grayed.
Provides the following options to update the model's database:
- Current View
- Full Project
- Selected Elements
Execution Limit Exceeded
Depending on the size of your selection, and chosen limits, you will be prompted with an Execution Limit Exceeded message. You can choose to Ignore Limits for a one-time override or change the limits within Workstation Settings. We recommend setting a limit of 100 elements for optimal performance.