The Modify Spools feature gives you the ability to add/remove elements to/from an assembly. It also gives you the ability to transfer elements from one assembly to another seamlessly.
How to Modify Spool
- From the eVolve Mechanical ribbon, click Modify Spool from the Spooling menu.
- In the drawing area, click an assembly (Revit's temporary view will be displayed).
- Although you selected a certain assembly to edit, you will see other parts in the model too.
Though available, window selection during this operation will cause a complete redefinition of the spool with only elements you have selected during editing.
- To remove a part from the spool assembly you are editing, select one of the existing parts and it will be removed. The tool tip will demonstrate a minus sign or plus sign to demonstrate which action is being performed.
- To add a part to the spool assembly, click on parts that are not already a part of this spool assembly and they will be automatically moved to this spool. If the part previously existed in another spool assembly they will be removed from that spool.
- Once you have completed modifying your assembly, click Finish in the Options Bar.
If sheets were generated for the assemblies prior to modifying the assemblies, you will be prompted to regenerate sheets.
To Merge Spool Assemblies
- Hold down shift when clicking on the Modify Spool button.
- Select the spool assembly you wish to edit
- Select other spool assemblies you want to merge into the spool you are editing.
Unlike the standard modify spool actions, holding down shift to activate this command changes the selection from individual parts to whole assemblies.