Overview of the eVolve Element Filter
The Element Filter is a dockable panel, found in the Utilities panel, provides highly customizable and storable rulesets which help users quickly select, isolate, show/hide, halftone, or apply transparency to specific items in a model. This ability not only allows for quick view changes but also tailors evolve and Revit commands to suit the user's needs.
The dockable Element Filter palette
- Reset View: Clears all filters in the current view.
- Modify Filter: Modifies the selected filter.
- Export Filter: Exports the selected filter(s) to a file.
- Import Filter(s): Import filter(s) from a file.
- Help: Opens the Helpdocs site.
- Settings: See the Element Filter Settings section below.
- Record Navigator
Record Navigator buttons
- Add - used to add a new row to the grid.
- Delete - used to delete selected row(s).
- Duplicate - used to duplicate selected rows.
- Export Grid - exports the grid as currently displayed to Excel.
Element Filter Settings
- Browse or type the path of your company's network location in which the Element Filters are stored.
- By default, rules are stored locally for each user. Setting the network path ensures that everyone is looking at the same ruleset
- Hotkey for Reset View: Used to define the hotkey to clears all filters in the current view.
Element Filter Hot Keys
To increase efficiency and productivity, the Element Filter feature includes the ability to assign hotkeys to user-created filters. From the Element Filter palette, enter the desired hotKeys in the HotKey column next to each filter Name. While in a project, type EF to bring up the HotKeys Listener.
NOTE: the HotKey Listener dialog may be hidden by clicking the Hide this dialog checkbox.
Once activated, the HotKey Listener is displayed for about 3 seconds to allow for the desired Element Filter HotKey to be entered and apply its associated filter.
TIP: If not done already, enable the Element Filter hotkey in Revit options. Consider assigning it to EF to easily remember the Element Filter HotKey for activating the HotKey Listener.