This feature allows you to automatically place single service fabrication supports such as clevis hangers for pipe and strap hangers for ductwork using the fabrication (ITM) database configuration and eVolve's spacing rules through ITM Hanger Settings.
Feature restrictions and support:
- This feature will only place fabrication (ITM) hangers
- The hanger type referred to in the rule must exist within the services loaded in the project.
- This feature currently only supports fabrication duct/pipe runs.
- Automatic collision detection and correction (if enabled)
- Automatic connectivity to structure
- Insert Placement / Rod Adjustments
- Automatic Point Placement
To use the Hanger Placement tool make sure you have fabrication parts already in your model.
TIP: For performance, it is recommended to run Hanger Placement in a 3D view.
- Ensure the ITM Hanger Settings are configured properly.
- From the eVolve ribbon, in the Support panel, click ITM Hangers.
- From the drawing area, select the path(s) to place hangers and click 'Finish' from the Options Bar.
TIP: You can also preselect the pipe or duct prior to clicking on Hanger Placement. Try using the Element Filter