- Hanger Specification Overview
- Hanger Placement Method
- Collision Adjustment
- Clash Highlight Color
- Rod Embeds
Hanger Specification Overview
The Hanger Placement feature in eVolve is controlled by rules dictated through Hanger Specifications. Here you can create custom rule sets for placement as well as choose from a multitude of options.
- Duplicate - Duplicates the hanger specs from the row that is currently selected.
- Bulk Update - Allows you to change information on multiple rules at once.
- Click To Add Row - Creates a new rule entry.
- Add - Creates a new rule entry.
- Delete - Removes an entry in the configuration.
- Save As Default - Stores the current settings a standard on the workstation. All future projects will load with the specified settings.
- Restore Default - Reverts the current configuration to the previously save configuration.
- Export to File - Generates an .xml file of the current settings to share with other or for backup purposes.
- Import From File - Load an .xml file into current project.
Rule Specification Options
- Apply To group
- Service - Contains a list of all Services loaded into the project.
- Type - Defines the types of elements the Specification be relevant.
- Material - Contains a list generated from the Materials found in the Fabrication Config.
- Size <= - Defines the size range to apply standards outlined in the configuration. Standards are applied to elements that are less than or equal to the specified value.
- Placement group
- Spacing - Defines the maximum distance between hangers.
- From End - Defines the distance from the end of a run and also the before/after bends.
- From Joint - Defines the distance before/after each joint, typically, for Cast Iron Pipe.NOTE: NA appears if a zero value is entered or the cell is left blank
- From Branch/Tap - Defines the distance from each branch or tap.NOTE: NA appears if a zero value is entered or the cell is left blank
- Hanger group
- Hanger Type - Generates a list of hangers based on the specified Service.
- Hanger Type w/ Insulation - Generates a list of hangers based on the specified Service and will be placed on parts with insulation.
Hanger Placement Method
The Hanger Placement Method menu switches the Hanger Configuration to place hanger by either Service or Material.
Half Perimeter for Rectangular Duct
To provide the ability to align to SMACNA specifications, this option treats values entered in Size as half perimeter and evaluates elements accordingly.
When placing hangers, eVolve can automatically detect collisions and attempt to adjust the place to where the hangers will not collide with other elements.
When checked, eVolve applies the specified values when placing hangers.
Though you can always use our Clash Detection commands on the Ribbon, with this option you can be alerted to any occurring crashes at placement.
Increases the collision detection area around the rod by the selected amount.
When a collision is detected, eVolve will attempt to incrementally place the rod closer to the previously placed rod based on the specified value until the Maximum Movement value is reached. If eVolve fails to place the hanger without colliding into another element, the hanger is placed in the original location.
Is used to limit the hanger placement. When a collision is detected, the rod is incrementally placed based on the designated Interval value until it reaches the specified Maximum Movement value.
Choose to ignore certain element collisions based on either their pattern number or their family name. Note that this field does accept wildcard characters.
Clash Highlight Color
Used to select the color to highlight clashes in the model.
The Rod Adjustments feature in eVolve is controlled by rules dictated through the rules in the Embed Tabs. Here you can create custom rule sets for rod rounding, and which embeds should be placed.
- Name - The name to identify the rule by in Rod Adjustments.
- Rod Size - The Rod Size to make this rule available for inside Rod Adjustments.
- Embed Depth - The extra adjustment applied to the rod length to provide accurate cut lengths. This value is controlled by the Rod Inset Depth parameter in the family.
- Rounding - The rounding value for the rod to be used during Rod Adjustments.
- Family Name - The name of the family that will be used during Rod Adjustments.
- Family Type - The type of the family that will be used during Rod Adjustments.
- Deck Type - The Deck Type that this rule will be used for. (Options shown are based on links chosen in Embed Options)
- Family File Path - The file path of the family. Used to load the embed into the project if need be.
The Embed Options tab allows you to choose which links to querying deck types from for the available options in the Deck Type column.