Renumber Settings is a customizable set of options for the Renumbering feature. Within this dialog, you will be able to define which elements are numbered, how the elements are numbered, and if the elements are tagged automatically.
Tool Palette Options
Number Component Separator - defines the character used to separate the Prefix - Starting Value - Suffix.
Grid Columns for Renumber Settings
- Order - defines the rule priority in the event that two rules are conflicting or searching for the same elements.
- Description - used to provide additional information about the renumber rule.
- Element Filter - used to define the categories and optional conditions that elements and their parameters are filtered against.
- Prefix - defines the value that appears before the Starting Value.
- Starting Value - this value can be either numeric or alpha, but cannot be an alpha-numeric combination. This is the starting value and the value will increment by 1 for each proceeding element tagged by the rule.
- Suffix - defines the value that appears after the Starting Value.
- Write To - when defined, the number is written to the specified shared parameter(s).
- Tag Element - automatically inserts a number tag on the selected elements after the number rule has been applied.
- Common Numbering - This option is only available for Fabrication (ITM) elements. These settings are typically used to apply the same number to identical elements.
- Enabled - turns common numbering on/off for this rule.
- Settings - allows the Common Numbering rules to be modified.