Renumber Settings is a very customizable set of options for the Renumbering feature. Within this dialog, you will be able to define what gets numbered, how it gets numbered and if it receives a tag automatically.
- Order provides rule priority in the event that two rules are conflicting or searching for the same elements.
- Description helps you to note what the rule is doing so that you can quickly identify it later.
- Selection Type provides you with two options:
- Selection Filter (preferred) is the most versatile. It allows you to create a rule based on Revit category and specific parameter requirements. See Creating Element Filters and Pro Tips for Element Filter for additional help.
- Legacy (deprecated) is the old method of defining rules and only works for Fabrication (ITM) elements.
- Selection Filter - This option will only be enabled if your Selection Type is set to "Selection Filter". If enabled, this is where you will access the element filter rule and define what the rule applies to.
- Legacy Settings - This option will only be enabled if your Selection Type is set to "Legacy". If enabled, this is where you will access the legacy settings for choosing Fabrication (ITM) service type, element type, pattern ID and Item Name for the rule to apply to.
- Prefix - This allows you to define what prefix to apply to the Starting Value
- Starting Value - This value can be either numeric or alpha, but cannot be an alpha-numeric combination. This is the starting value for your first number tag, the value will increment by 1 for each element tagged by the rule.
- Suffix- This allows you to define what suffix to apply to the Starting Value
- Write To - you can write the number to any shared parameter, this option allows you to choose where to write the information.
- Tag Element - This option will automatically insert the number tag on the selected elements after the number rule has been applied. See Annotation Settings to see additional options for tag style and placement.
- Common Numbering - This option is only available for Fabrication (ITM) elements. These settings are typically used to apply the same number to identical elements.
- Enabled - Turns common numbering on/off for this rule.
- Settings - Allows you to edit the Common Numbering ignore rules.