Overview of the eVolve Family Browser
The eVolve Family Browser
The eVolve Family Browser is designed to easily locate content based on family parameter values. Families may be grouped, filtered, and/or searched to limit content and fine-tune the displayed results. Expand the functionality by adding custom libraries that may reside on a local machine or company network.
- View type: The eVolve Family Browser has two different view types, Card View and Grid View. The Card view displays information about each family and/or type contained within the library, however the displayed information is limited by predetermined fields. The Grid View has the ability to display all of the information contained on the card view and also the metadata extracted from the .xlsx file at the time the library was created. Please see the following article for more information on using grids in eVolve.You can assign shortcuts to your families for quick placement within Grid View.
- eVolve allows cards to be organized in three tabs, All, Favorites, and Recent. The All tab shows every card in the library. Cards can easily be added to the Favorites tab by right-clicking on a card and clicking Yes on the Confirmation window. Once clicked, cards appear in the Recent tab, the Recent tab displays 20 cards.The All, Favorites, and Recent tabs are only utilized in the Card View.
- This section allows you to filter the families by:
- Library - If you have multiple libraries, you can search families for all libraries or just certain ones
- Category, Sub-Category and Manufacturer - Allows you to further filter your search based on these categorizations.
- You can also use word searches to find families in your library. This tool will now filter the results, but will highlight any families that have the word match you entered. See Searching below for more info.
- This portion of the palette shows you the results of your search. If you are not seeing any families in your palette then you either have filters applied that yielded no results or no libraries loaded.
- Library Settings allows you to create a custom library, create a definition file and manage your option for the default library that ships with eVolve.
See Defining a custom library for more detailed information about how to use library settings.
Type a single or multiple keywords separated by spaces.
- Rectangular — selects cards that contain Rectangular in any field;
- Rectangular Sleeve — selects cards that contain either Rectangular or Sleeve in any field.
It is not necessary to enter the entire keyword, partial or incomplete entries are accepted. For example, if you know an entry contains WA, the resulting search will display all cards that contain WA in any field whether it is at the beginning, middle, or end of a word.
Exact match of a phrase
Put the phrase in quotes.
- "3 Hole" — selects cards that contain the phrase 3 Hole in any field.
The default parse mode when comparing the search criteria to library records utilized is the AND operator, as a result, the displayed cards will contain all specified keywords. This default behavior may be overridden by using the following modifiers:
In specific fields only
Enter a field name before a keyword followed by a colon (without a space).
- Category:Strut — selects cards that contain Strut in the Category field only;
- Sub-Category:Channel Slotted — Channel in the Sub-Category field and Slotted anywhere else;
- Channel - Manufacturer:eVolve — searches for Channel, excluding B-Line.
Clear Search Results
From the eVolve Family Browser palette, in the Content panel, click Clear.