The eVolve Mechanical software may now be installed "silently" via a command line prompt so that updates can be performed via scripts.
Notes and Limitations
- Because the software is distributed as an
.msifile, the scope of this is limited to only supporting silent installations via Windows
- Silent installs must be launched with escalated permissions(run the command prompt as an administrator)
- The installation folder cannot be specified (the default location is used)
- All failures occur silently (with the exception of Windows failures outside of eVolve's control).
- eVolve cannot perform any error reporting outside of what
- Known possible failure conditions:
- Silent install not launched with escalated rights
- If the respective the Revit version for the installer is not detected, a warning is displayed, but will continue if dismissed. Checks used (both must pass or warning is displayed):
- Directory exists:
- Registry path exists:
HKLM\SOFTWARE\Autodesk\Revit\Autodesk Revit (RevitVersion)\Components
- Directory exists:
The following command (console must be run with escalated rights) launches the installer in the background and runs the installation silently.
MsiExec /i eVolveMechancialForRevit-2020.msi /quiet
Note: A success or failure notice is not displayed after the installation is complete.
Tip: By prefacing the installation command with
START /WAIT the installer is launched in the background - the console waits until the install is complete. To determine the success/failure of the installation, run the following command
%ERRORLEVEL% ; a
0 value is successful, any other value is a failure.
Typically, a failure will be due to either invalid permissions (not launched in an admin console). Full diagnostics may be viewed using the logging capabilities of
A sample batch file that strings together the logic mentioned above is displayed below:
START /WAIT MsiExec /i eVolveMechanicalForRevit-2020.msi /quiet
REM Any value other than 0 indicates an error.
IF NOT "%ERRORLEVEL%"=="0" (
ECHO Error occurred during installation.