Placing Trapeze Hangers
Hangers may be placed on multiple runs of duct and/or pipe of different services.
- From the eM ribbon, click Multi-Service Bearer from the Hanger panel.
- From the drawing area, select desired parallel runs and click Finish from the options bar. *You must pick more than one element.
- From the Multi-Service Bearer window, specify requirements and click OK.
Choosing your Placement settings and options
- Select your Profile. If one has not been defined yet, you can go to Trapeze Settings and build one from scratch.
- Mode: Your options are to place trapeze hangers on the entire connected path, up to the next change in direction, or just a single trapeze hanger.
The options for "Distance Below Level" and "Linked Model" are only available if you are using a Family (RFA) based trapeze hanger profile.
- Nearest Structure Overhead - The trapeze hanger will automatically attach to the nearest structural element whether the structural element is within the active project or a linked model. *This is the native behavior for Fabrication (ITM) based hangers so this is your only option when using this type of hanger element.
- Distance Below Level - This option is only enabled for Family (RFA) based trapeze hangers. Fabrication (ITM) based trapeze hangers have a similar option using the Hanger Rod Adjustments feature.
The value entered into this field will offset the top attachment for the hanger below the structural component.
- Linked Model - This option is only enabled for Family (RFA) based trapeze hangers. This option allows you to select which reference model to attach the hanger too. *The reference model must have structural components at the hanger locations.
- Reference Plane - If a reference plane exists, you can choose the plane to extend the hanger rods to. This option is supported for both Fabrication (ITM) and Family (RFA) based hangers.