Hanger Rule Migration
With added ANY rules in 4.0 you can now create material specific rules inside the service configuration. As such there is now no need for a separate material configuration within Hanger Settings and it will be deprecated in coming releases.
We recognize that you have many highly tailored rules and in order to make this switch easy, we have provided a hanger migration script within our resources folder.
Please follow the steps below to convert all your existing rules.In order to make this
For Existing Projects
To export hanger specifiactions
- Open the desired project.
- From the eVolve Mechanical ribbon, in the Utilities panel, click Settings, then click Hanger Specifications.
- From the Hanger Specifications window, click the Export/Import and click Export to File.
- From the Save As window,
- Navigate to the Desktop .
- Enter HangerConfiguration.xml in the File Name dialog .
- Click Save.
To run the Powershell script
- From Windows File Explorer, navigate to C:\Program Files\eVolve\eVolve Mechanical for Revit 20xx\Resources .
- From the Resources folder, right-click on the UpdateHangerConfigurationFile.ps1 file and click Run with PowerShell .
- From the Windows PowerShell window, press any key, the HangerConfiguration.xml is updated. Press any key to close the Windows Powershell window.
To import updated specifications
- From the Hanger Specifications window, click the Export/Import and click Import from File.
- From the Open window, navigate to the Desktop, click the HangerConfiguration-Service.xml, and click Open.
- From the Notice window, click OK.
After importing, verify the data has been imported correctly and that no duplicate or conflicting rules exist.