- Clash Detection
This command highlights the hanger support colliding with other elements in the model and will also highlight the colliding objects.
- eVolve tab ⮞ Supports panel ⮞ Clash Detection button
- Intro to Supports
- From the eVolve ribbon, in the Supports panel, click Clash Detection.
- From the Clash Detection window, select the desired tolerance from the Select clash detection tolerance menu and click OK. Colliding elements in the model are highlighted.
This command removes the highlight colorization from the elements.
- From the eVolve ribbon, in the Supports panel, click Clear Clashes.
- Select clash detection tolerance menu - used to define the distance around the hanger support in which a collision is considered.
Tips and Tricks
- The tolerance value (X) extends from the outside diameter to the rod (Y) and should account for any insulation present and the distance between the rod and the parts it supports.